• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Consistent chirping

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Wally started out with little chirps when he was sleeping, a little beak grinding or his little nibbling on my shirt. It’s graduated to a constant chittering. I know this is very normal but he is almost more vocal while sleeping than any other time. I know it’s a instinct also, quiet time could mean predators.

He is going off now, maybe for 20 minutes. Eva is silent. For chirping? It’s pretty loud. Im going to try to get a video. They are comfortable and sleeping covered up in my hand towel which they love. The only difference is that they are starting to wean so he is eating whole foods and starting to fly. Since that, the chittering has become louder and constant. As opposed to the usual 5 minutes of quiet chirping. It’s still so cute to me, just would love for them to SLEEP, as they have a habit of sleeping in pretty short spurts.

Anyone else’s birds do this?

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Pretty normal, Loki did it more asa baby but she still does it if I go to the bird room and am only computer.

When she was about 8 months old.