• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Consist screaming

Fatimah125

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Fatimah Aljonidel
Good evening everyone, needing help!! my 5 months old cockatiel sometimes screams out of nowhere every time he wakes up and every time before he sleeps, also before he eats and whenever he calling for me! Well he ever get out of it? Or should I try away to tell him that screaming won’t do much for him? Lmao and sadly I always give him attention whenever he screams and I’ve been having him ever since he got weened so he is still a baby….

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So it's pretty normal for birds to make noise in the morning and evening. And also to flock call to their owner to see where they are. Is the screaming constant?

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
might be night-frights or just flock calling. if u dont reinforce it, the scresmingmight eventually lessen

Fatimah125

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Fatimah Aljonidel
So it's pretty normal for birds to make noise in the morning and evening. And also to flock call to their owner to see where they are. Is the screaming constant?
In the morning he flock calls, while before sleeping he will chirp for 15 minutes before he sleeps, also he sleeps in my bedroom

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
In the morning he flock calls, while before sleeping he will chirp for 15 minutes before he sleeps, also he sleeps in my bedroom
I think that's normal.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
beautiful baby !

Birds need lots of social time, it could be increasing interactions and out of cage time will help.

I use cages for safety when im gone, for sleeping, and when things are to hectic to keep an eye on them . The rest I have them out , and try to include them or set them up to hang out near me.

You have a nice cage and I see fun toys. But you can also turn the outside of their cage as a home base hang out play stand. By putting perches on the outside of the cage sides and top and a few toys and things to chew. Don't let that valuable space go to waste.

Young just weaned burds might still be learning food. Make sure food us always available and they are eating well.

Try whistles and phrases , if they learn those its easier to listen too than other vocals.

Have a phrase or whistle that you use as a flock call. Burds like to sound off and know you are within hearing. When you step out of sight give your flock call whistle or phrase. When they give an exploration call answer with yours. Be consistent.

Some burds like a little ritual routine in the morning and before bedtime. Mine all get a good morning and kisses blown at them when I get up but before their breakfast. At night a couple really like cuddling and sweet talking before I put them to bed. If I forget they get realy fussy and anxious