• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

conserned

lovbirdlover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
I read the other day on a website that tame birds can shower with you is this true or will it hurt the poor thing thanks

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
yes they can but of course you cannot be using shampoos etc with perfume in them..use your own j udgement..you may want to get a shower perch and be very careful of the force and temp of th e water

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
You don't want to stress them out so take it slow. I know you just got them and think about how much has changed in their world over the past few days! I'd give it a couple months before doing something that stressful with them. It takes them a while to get use to the shower, most of my guys it took me a few weeks before they'd actually hang out in the shower with me without wanting to fly away.

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
View attachment 174083

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398012915.311707.jpg

I'm taking a shower with our macaw the 2nd day he was home, tried water in the tub he wasn't interested, had a chair hoping to use the shower head but he was afraid. So he showered on my shoulder while my daughter comforted him, slowly going in and out of the water on medium/light stream.

Last edited:

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
You really do need to be careful about water temperature, it can't be too hot. I don't shower with my little guys, just Mayu and usually I'll do my thing first and let her shower when I've used up most of the hot water.

lovbirdlover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
View attachment 174083

View attachment 174084

I'm taking a shower with our macaw the 2nd day he was home, tried water in the tub he wasn't interested, had a chair hoping to use the shower head but he was afraid. So he showered on my shoulder while my daughter comforted him, slowly going in and out of the water on medium/light stream.
your macaw is very cute and thanks for the reply

nellysmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diane
Nelly showers with me especially since she hates being spritzed. I'm careful with water temp and only use my shampoo etc after she goes on her shower perch.