• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Conjure help

AusulKiin

Moving in
Real Name
Mark
Idk if this is the right place to post this but I just noticed my GCC sleeping on the bottom of his cage, is this concerning?

He's completely capable of sleeping up top he has the strength to jump around and climb his cage but he just decided to sleep at the bottom? I'm unsure of when hes started this for but he definitely has not been doing it for long.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Welcome to the forum Mark. Is he fluffed up? How old is he? Is he otherwise eating and acting normally? How does his poo look?
My conure will go to the bottom of his cage to play. He usually has his "nap spots" but I haven't caught him napping on his cage floor. Your buddy could have just worn himself out and decided to nap, it depends.

AusulKiin

Moving in
Real Name
Mark
He was playing on the bottom beforehand (I heard him with his ball) hes around 2 I think and still has a healthy appetite and slightly watery droppings since he ate a lot of bell pepper today

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
He could have just fallen asleep after playing but keep an eye on him for any changes. If he gets lethargic, and/or is fluffed up for inordinate amounts of time, then it would be worth a vet visit.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Normally, young conures will sleep on the floor of their cage but at age two they usually don't. With that said, my two female crimson bellies do still at age 10 like to sleep on the floor of the cage as well as my black capped conure male who is also 10-11. Do keep an eye on your bird for any sign of illness. If you haven't had him long then I would suggest a vet visit to rule out anything.