• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Can I pass Conjunctivitis to my birds? All I could find on Google was that bird to human was rare, but I couldn't find anything about human to bird. I don't want to pass it to Kiwi and Blizzard.

I have Conjunctivitis in one of my eyes, and I don't know yet if it's from my Ragweed allergy, or if it's from a bacterial or viral infection.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
So sorry you got it. If nothing else it is severely annoying.
If it is allergy/ irritation from toxin you can not transmit it to birds. Unless the toxin is still in the air or if a sufficient amount is transmitted on the hand to the birds eye.
Same goes for bacterial infection. Secondary transmition with touch. Pink eye is very rarely caused by airborn bacteria.

I would simply not handle birds/birdstuff after I had touched my eye, without washing (properly, same as anti-covid) my hands.

@Hankmacaw ?

Hope you get well soon.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I believe if it's bacterial if can be passed on to birds. I hope it clears up soon.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I hope you feel better! :hug8:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

I got some eye drops to take 3 times a day, and I got a Covid test just in case (the test results come back on Monday)

I’m not sure what’s causing my Conjunctivitis, so I’m going to have my brother do the budgie‘s food and water for now just in case it’s bacterial.