• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conjunctivitis or normal cockatiel eye?

layinlow

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kazmon
Hello! I will be going on vacation soon for about 10 days and leaving my precious baby with my sister. He is 4 years old, but a few months ago I noticed this slight ‘inner eyelid’ thing that he has going on. It is symmetrical on both eyes. He does not overly watery eyes or any gunk coming out of them. I am not sure if it has developed to be slightly worse in one eye or if it’s completely normal for him to have this…

When he looks straight on you can’t see it, but when he turns his eyes it can be very easy to see. I will include pictures of both sides straight on and then with the thing I am talking about visible.

is this normal? Please help!
8F6A0F18-03E6-4A28-8BC6-80933DC4EB02.jpeg 8476249F-2A5B-44DA-95DE-CD1BD67D5A42.jpeg
straight on ^
0A0FC70D-2DC8-4F66-9818-006200847E0A.jpeg
B0FF0328-57CF-499E-978B-8996ACDB95F0.jpeg eyelid thing? ^

layinlow

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kazmon
Actually after looking at him some more, you can slightly see the white part on the inner eye when he is looking straight on. It is like a light pink color. It just becomes more prominent like the 3rd pic when he looks behind himself, but normally looks like the 4th pic.

ChirpysMom

Meeting neighbors
He looks healthy to me. His nictitating membrane doesn’t look inflamed to me. He’s beautiful btw. I’m sure others will also get a good look at him.

layinlow

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kazmon
He looks healthy to me. His nictitating membrane doesn’t look inflamed to me. He’s beautiful btw. I’m sure others will also get a good look at him.
Thank you so much for your reply! That does ease my nerves. I’ve seen a lot of forums discussing that you shouldn’t be able to see it at all, and if you could it could be a sign of something bad. I thought he looked pretty healthy imo but I wanted a second opinion :) ❤

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Looks just like TD's eyes... and as far as I know TD's eyes are fine! He is a real beauty!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Eyes look fine to me. If in doubt, give him a bath. Dusty birds will often get their own dust in their eyes.

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
He looks perfectly fine and very beautiful! :heart: