• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Congo African Grey becoming mean

SueD

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
SUE
my 26 year old male African grey has recently started some strange behavior, constantly climbing down his cage to the floor and trying to chew everything. He has also become aggressive and bites. I have had him since he was eight months old and this behavior is totally new. He has plenty to chew on in and on his cage but prefers the furniture. What is happening

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Anything change in the house? Is he your only parrot? My CAG would get upset if I changed her toys, food dishes ect before she studied them for a few days.

SueD

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
SUE
Anything change in the house? Is he your only parrot? My CAG would get upset if I changed her toys, food dishes for a few days.

My husband died two years ago, I got cancer and went thru chemo the next year, tough times. Other than that, nothing. I do have 27 year old hahns mini macaw but they have never been caged together. No other changes.

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I'm sorry, you've been through a lot. Has he seen the vet lately? I know someone that has a CAG that developed arthritis in her feet. She suddenly started acting angry, she had never did that before. The CAG that has arthritis is 22 years old.