• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Confession, Need recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markie

Strolling the yard
I have a confession to make. I have only ever ordered Maddie toys online once. *gasp*

Yes, she gets homemade as well as store bought toys, foraging opportunities, etc, but I'm long overdue for an online order. For food items, treats, toys, whatever.

So, what does everyone get for their p'lets and other birds that are small in stature? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Markie
& Maddie

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
My parrotlet LOVES wicker (only thing he will destroy) and anything with plastic and bells. :)

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Never had a parrotlet, but we have a budgie. She loves to play on the big birds toys. She LOVES shredders. Whether you make those into a toy, or just string some along the bars of her cage (she loves that because she has something to chew on while she climbs around). Also loves those shreddable pinata toys. Likes to pick apart loofa.

Really, it depends on the bird. Does Maddie tend to like soft wood toys, dried leaves (like shredders), cotton, or plastic? Does she like sounds (bells, shakers)? Climbing toys?

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Pepe LOVES bells, ladders, and anything he can get into, like the olympic rings and a hanging hoop swing :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Parrotlets love toys that spin and move, and baskets full of small things with various textures to forage through.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Milo loves leather toys and will attack bells with a vengeance

BusterBlu

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carrie
Things for wings Busy Basket is Busters absolute favorite! Also anything with bells and yucca!

:)

Markie

Strolling the yard
Sorry for the late reply, I have limited access to a computer right now. Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys! I know Maddie likes soft woods, plastic, and anything to forage through. I'll probably end up getting her a variety to see if she takes interest in anything else. Thanks again! :)

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
Busy Basket at Thingsfor Wings!!!

My Budgie really likes Balsa, thin and crispy shredies, pinecones..

Status
Not open for further replies.