• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Concerned (please answer ASAP)

rosalita

Moving in
I’m not really sure where to post this, so imma post it here
My sun conure sam (about 15 years old, don’t know the exact age because we rescued her) has been acting a little weird tonight. Her cage has a little opening on the top so she’s free to get out whenever she wants. She flew out of it on the ground and she never ever does that unless something spooks her. She will NOT SLEEP at all which really confuses me because that means somethings wrong usually. she keeps flapping her wings at me instructing ne to hold her, but I don’t want to considering I just put some cream on my face to go to bed. Basically I think she’s showing early signs to something, What should I do? She’s also plucking her feathers a lot. I don’t think it could be depression because after school and before school I give her lots of attention, and I sure as hell spoil her because of how she was abused before I rescued her(I’ve had her since 2012) right now she’s just on the little opening of her cage, she might be able to fall asleep there even though she usually sleeps in her little tent bed

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Hmmm, could something be scaring her? Anything new in or around the cage? Even the smallest most insignificant thing to us can be huge to a parrot.

The only other thing I can think of - Is it possible maybe she seen a mouse?

If it's nothing scaring her I would personally try to get her into the vet. Something could be very wrong I hope not but if it was my bird I'd be apt to get her in asap

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If plucking is a new behavior along with what you've described, I, too recommend a vet visit.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I agree with the vet for the plucking, but.... Could she have caught her toe on something? Check her tent and anything else soft for lose fibers. If she got caught on something, it might have spooked her.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
A fly scared Lucy something terrible. She kept screaming and calling Mama Come Here. I checked her, checked her cage and play room. I couldn't find anything. Was going to take her to emergency! Then she screamed while I was sitting right next to her and I saw the little fly! Omg a big girl like her freaking out over a little fly! I shooed it into another room and the swatter solved the problem!
It can be any little thing that upsets birdies. Look very closely and if you can't find anything go to the vet asap.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope all goes well at the vet ❤

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Vet check please. If you let something go too long, it could be costly to fix. I had little Boober into the vet yesterday. He didn't run anyone off yesterday when they sat by him. Totally not him and he was a little more fluffed and sleepy. He has a bacterial infection.