• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Company my for my tiel

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Hi all!

My intention was to have one bird but I have ended up with three! At the beginning of the latest lock down I purchased a budgie expecting to lose hours at work or possibly my job. That didn't happen.

So I bought a second budgie to keep my 1st budgie company while I worked ten hours a day. I worked with them a lot to get them used to me. They land on me, fly around. They are very relaxed but prefer each other for company.

So I thought ok that is how my budgies are and might ever be but I felt a gap in my life where I wanted some connection so I purchased a tiel to add to my flock.

I feel very close to him. I do the washing up and he is perched on my head asking me "watcha doin?" He lands on me and demands scritches.

However, I do still work long hours so even though he gets hours free every day and probably about ten hrs a day when I am off work I wonder if he is fulfilled.

His cage is 2.5 feet wide. I give him toys, cuttlebone and mineral blocks. He has my budgies to sing to and the radio is always on.

So with a long winded question I want to ask if my budgies are good company for him or if he needs another tiel in the family.

Thanks!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I want to ask if my budgies are good company for him or if he needs another tiel in the family.
Budgies with cockatiels generally do well together.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It sounds like he’s more interested in his human than other birds, so he should okay with the interaction and out of cage time your giving him.