• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Common grackle (Quiscalus quiscula) pics and questions

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
if he cannot fly, it may be good idea to bing him in. He may be injured.

Can'twait2016

Moving in
Thank you for your advice Birdbabe, my thoughts precisely. Elvis continues to hide under the bush, he comes out to eat when I call him. I'm happy to say his mother bird comes to visit him and sometimes stays with him under the bush. He's eating well , crickets and meal worms, I'm hoping these will help him grow his tail feathers quick. What an amazing creature. I want him to be free and live a normal life. Do you know how long does it take for tail feathers to grow?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Tail feathers,,, a month or so.

Can'twait2016

Moving in
Elvis spent ten days under a bush near our back yard, his Mom ,I guess visited daily; I provide him food and water he was so sweet but I knew the day would come for him to leave. A few days ago he left. I don't see any grackles around as there were in spring , maybe they went North for the Summer. I miss him terribly but it was time for him to join his group. I never realized what impact a little fellow like this can have on your heart! I will never forget him.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

RachaelR

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
I have always wondered what it would be like to rehab one of these guys. great stories. I hope they all ended well!