• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Columnaris

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Anyone here have experience with it? I have 10+ years of fish keeping and have never had this problem. From my research on this it looks like that what my fish/tank has which isn't good. I ordered the treatment kanaplex and API furun 2 but it won't come until Monday and Thursday. I'm worried about my fish, they seem fine but I lost 3 dwarf neon rainbowfish a while back and they had the symptoms of this but I didn't connect the dots until the other day. :(

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Columnaris is a beast.

I’ve only once ever had an outbreak, from a fish I bought online and didn’t quarantine. Lesson learned. An expensive one. I’ve 40 years of aquarium experience. Crap happens. Don’t feel bad. Here’s the treatment I followed:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Columnaris is a beast.

I’ve only once ever had an outbreak, from a fish I bought online and didn’t quarantine. Lesson learned. An expensive one. I’ve 40 years of aquarium experience. Crap happens. Don’t feel bad. Here’s the treatment I followed:

Thank you! I did some research in the meantime and ordered aquarium/fish safe sulfa antibiotics which should be here today and brightwell bacteria to add back in when I finish treatment because I also have a live planted tank.

Dania

Strolling the yard
Yikes I hope it works soon.