• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Colour of feathers above the beak changing

Advitya

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Advitya Jandial
The colour of the feathers just above the beak of my Tango is changing from green to dark-ish green. Is it anything to worry? Here's a photo of the present colour. 16387874398547359614070358216173.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The photo isn't the clearest, but the darker colour doesn't look like anything to worry about; it looks like dirt. However in my opinion the skin near her nares seems a bit dry and flaky. It could just be the photo quality so sorry if I am mistaken. If you can try and offer her a bath. Bathing often especially if the weather in your area is dry will help her feel more comfortable and should improve her feather and skin condition all around. You may even find that after a good bath her colour changes a lot. Rose-rings produce an oil for their feathers and it can build up with dust and such. It is natural, but after a bath when she has washed you may see she is a slightly different green. :)

Last edited:

Advitya

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Advitya Jandial
I give him/her a bath daily and also mist him/her every Saturday cause he/she loves to flap her wings in mist. I guess it is just wet so that's why it is darker.