• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Colour Mutation

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
Someone has asked my advice in regard to colour, but I'm not positive given some of the classifications depending on eye and rump color. My best guess would be Pale Fallow Whiteface; any advice?

LoveBird<3

Walking the driveway
Oh my goodness.. I have no idea about what mutation it is, but... what an adorable little sweetie!

Cyreen

I agree, they are very sweet. Any suggestions on colour? Anyone? They don't appear to have red eyes. Could they be classified as creamino or maybe a cinnamon from the color on the rump?

Last edited:

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I'd guess a seagreen pallid with two violet factors. Like the baby on the far right here, but seagreen vs turquoise.

aus cin 1D noD 2D.jpg

That's just a guess though.

@expressmailtome would probably know for sure. :D

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are not creamino as they have brownish gray feathers on their rumps. Also, their eyes do not seem to be red so they can not be fallow. I would go with a blue series Australian cinnamon with two dark factors. Since the rump is grey, it has two dark factors, also called slate. Due to this, and the Australian cinnamon, I can not say which of the blue series mutations that it is.

Matt

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

I would be curious to ask is that bird splay legged, or is he just having a hard time getting a grip on those slick bars?

Cyreen

I think the picture is sideways and they are actually clinging to the side of the cage. The picture was sent to me from a phone and that seems to be a common problem. She sent another picture with them perched on a food dish and it was very definitely sideways, but the lighting was odd in that picture, didn't show their colour as well.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I think the picture is sideways and they are actually clinging to the side of the cage. The picture was sent to me from a phone and that seems to be a common problem. She sent another picture with them perched on a food dish and it was very definitely sideways, but the lighting was odd in that picture, didn't show their colour as well.

I think you are mostly right on the picture being sideways; looking at the top right corner, it looks like the "base" of the cage is making an appearance there. As well, not sure why that other green oval thing would be on the bottom of the cage.

Cyreen

...I would go with a blue series Australian cinnamon with two dark factors. Since the rump is grey, it has two dark factors, also called slate. Due to this, and the Australian cinnamon, I can not say which of the blue series mutations that it is.
I believe the mother was a whitefaced slate; she look very much like my Jake only slate grey instead of violet. I don't know about the father.