• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Collar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
On TP there was a sticky about making a humane tube collar for your bird. Now that TP is down, I need those instructions. Does anybody know where I can find them? Or can we post that here as a sticky?

Boris/Bo my mutilating lovebird did a number on himself this morning. When I went to give him his meds I noticed some blood at the top part of his wing in the "crease" of his "shoulder" area - I looked under his wing and he was SOAKED in fresh blood. I quickly fed everybody and rushed him into work. The doctor looked at him and put a wrap on him to keep him from that area. He said if he continues to mutilate there, he could get a vein and die of blood loss :)( UGH!!!). He said to keep him from the area for a while he might need a collar AND the wrap. Well, he's definitely picking at his wrap and I want to keep him as safe as possible so I think I'm going to need to do a collar too. Plus I'd like one on hand "just in case"

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
That will do, thank you! Didn't think to look under the 911 section as I wasn't having an emergency! THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.