• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cody, a very special little boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
Cody is our handicapped boy , I don't have a really long story on him we was told by the breeder when I called her about him that his right foot turns sideways and he had a broken leg , his leg healed crooked which cause his foot to turn sideways , I took him to my vet after adopting him and he showed me the xrays, there is nothing that can be done unless we want to put him alot of pain and have his leg rebroke and there is only a 50/50 chance it will heal correct , it's a risky operation my vet said so we decided not to chance it
Cody is learning to get around pretty good he still has some problems perching at times but he is fully flighted and I think that really helps him alot , when he looses his balance he just starts flapping thoose wings lol , I think he would rather fly then perch anyway,he does laps around the dinneing room and the living room
Cody will be 5 months old December 9th so we have lots of years to watch him grow and enjoy him , he is our special baby :)

Last edited:

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
Re: Celebrating Our Handicapped Birds

ty Birdie Marie for the Inspiration Award it's very nice tyvm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.