• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Coco, my beloved friend ❤

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
On July 1st, 2022, our beloved cat Coco crossed the rainbow bridge. He comforted me when I needed it most, and brought so much light into my life.
In the past month, Coco has been fighting illnesses and disease. 4 weeks ago, we discovered he suffered from irritable bowel syndrome, and cancer in his liver. Due to his age and already frail body, we could only give him pain medication. He continued to decline, until he was so light he weighed under a kg. He was getting so hungry, but no matter what he ate, he didn't put on any weight. Multiple vet visits confirmed that this was not curable, and we would have to consider euthanasia. Coco was my mothers cat, she had him for 18 years, so we tried to hold onto him as much as we could. But he stopped digesting food, he would eat food and it would come straight out. He was in so much pain, it was cruel to keep him suffering. This past week we have pent a lot of time with him, taking him outside, letting him eat all kinds of foods, and more. Yesterday, we took him in to be put down, it was by far the hardest decision we ever had to make. Just waiting there and saying goodbye to him while the vet prepared the medicine was heart-breaking. He passed away on my mothers lap, and the feeling of him just instantly going cold and limp makes me terribly sick. I had never had to cope with pet death before, and im struggling to accept that he's gone.
Fly high Coco, I know we'll meet again, I will always love you beyond words can explain. Thank you so much.

[The photo attached is from 2020]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
On July 1st, 2022, our beloved cat Coco crossed the rainbow bridge. He comforted me when I needed it most, and brought so much light into my life since the day I was born.
In the past month, Coco has been fighting illnesses and disease. 4 weeks ago, we discovered he suffered from irritable bowel syndrome, and cancer in his liver. Due to his age and already frail body, we could only give him pain medication. He continued to decline, until he was so light he weighed under a kg. He was getting so hungry, but no matter what he ate, he didn't put on any weight. Multiple vet visits confirmed that this was not curable, and we would have to consider euthanasia. Coco was my mothers cat before I was born, she had him for 18 years, so we tried to hold onto him as much as we could. But he stopped digesting food, he would eat food and it would come straight out. He was in so much pain, it was cruel to keep him suffering. This past week we have pent a lot of time with him, taking him outside, letting him eat all kinds of foods, and more. Yesterday, we took him in to be put down, it was by far the hardest decision we ever had to make. Just waiting there and saying goodbye to him while the vet prepared the medicine was heart-breaking. He passed away on my mothers lap, and the feeling of him just instantly going cold and limp makes me terribly sick. I had never had to cope with pet death before, and im struggling to accept that he's gone.
Fly high Coco, I know we'll meet again, I will always love you beyond words can explain. Thank you so much.

[The photo attached is from 2020]
I truly feel your pain. I still haven’t recovered from the grief of my best friend, Rajah passing in 2018. My little guy was 13. I thought I had more time. Compounding the grief was the guilt. I made a mistake. Instead of just letting him go in my house on his terms, I dragged him to the vet. They gave him antibiotics and what not but I saw in his eyes, something was wrong. It was dilated but to an alarming degree. It’s like he was pumped full of this stuff. He never walked again and died that same day. But he was bugged out from whatever they gave him. I know if unfollowed my instinct, he would have at least made it another week if not more. He took his last breath in my arms. It was the hardest thing. After that, my brain sort of shut that part and those memories down. Which is even sadder but the brain does what it needs to, to cope. Know that your Coco was loved and that you will find peace in living in those memories you had with her. We are so lucky to have our pets love us the way they do, even if we do fail them sometimes. Coco is at peace, with my Rajah, no cancer, pain, or age can hold them down anymore. Big hugs and healing vibes :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m very sorry for your loss :sadhug:

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
I am sorry for your loss. Always difficult to find the right words in these situations and I doubt there is any. From what you are saying Coco surely had a great life where you and your family took care of him. He was loved and he knew it. I wish you the best and I am sure he is happy where is in now.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss.
:sadhug2:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:sorrow: I'm very sorry for your family's loss. Coco looks like a lovely cat!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road