• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Coco and Cookie Coojo Having a Tea Party

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Coco, you are such a stinker! She's like no, this party is all about ME!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So much sass! :lol: Love the video!!! :loveit:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
@Danita Is Coco growing any feathers back or is she just staying fuzzy? She certainly has plenty of get up and go.
She grows them in the spring and summer. Then something triggers her to start trimming the big ones. This year it was her sickness, started in the summer and she got the last tail feather over Xmas. Thankfully she doesn't do anything with the fluff. Her thing is anting, she is obsessed with it. Because she can't have toys really, as she eats them, she uses her feathers to ant, takes pieces off and uses that. Its a big deal when her big feathers start growing in. Her face feathers, she uses her foot, she does that when she is deep in thought. :lol:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Danita
Funny - (peculiar not tee hee) Jasper has no toys either - she eats them and become impacted. She eats plastic too. I give her fresh papaya every day now so she doesn't get impacted, but still no wooden toys. Papaya is called the poopy fruit.What does "ant" mean?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
@Danita
Funny - (peculiar not tee hee) Jasper has no toys either - she eats them and become impacted. She eats plastic too. I give her fresh papaya every day now so she doesn't get impacted, but still no wooden toys. Papaya is called the poopy fruit.What does "ant" mean?
I bought a papaya a couple days ago and finally cut into it today for the birds. I was surprised it was very lightly sweet and other than that it really had no flavor. I was disappointed in it. I did cut some pieces for Henry and Lola and they didn't touch it. I chopped the rest up super fine and bagged it to freeze it and will mix it in with their chop. Since it really didn't have any flavor they shouldn't notice it in there.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
@Danita
Where they take a piece of something, place it on their back and preen. It falls, they catch it and keep doing it over and over. Coco uses pieces of her feather if there is nothing handy to do it with.
The reason some birds do this is apparently they used ants to preen in the wild, they would give them a little squish and it has analgesic properties.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I always wondered that too.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laugh: That is adorable!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Where they take a piece of something, place it on their back and preen. It falls, they catch it and keep doing it over and over. Coco uses pieces of her feather if there is nothing handy to do it with.
The reason some birds do this is apparently they used ants to preen in the wild, they would give them a little squish and it has analgesic properties.
:think1: Sooo, when are you getting an ant farm for Coco Too? :idea:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As soon as you buy one for Coco & ship it to Danita! Lol!!!