• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Cocktail suffering from diarrhea

Sudharsan

Moving in
Real Name
Sudharsan
Hi my cocktails is suffering from diarrhea it a 3 month old and look so weak what to do ?

Sudharsan

Moving in
Real Name
Sudharsan
Thanks roger for quick reply and it's saturday night 10 pm here and I will visit vet asap any first aid any meanwhile time being any one tell me any first aid

Petals

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sayre
youll get better answers in the proper forum! there are two, one for emergencies, and one for general health.. bird highway 911 is the name of the emerhgency one, i think

Sudharsan

Moving in
Real Name
Sudharsan
Hi my cocktails is suffering from diarrhea it a 3 month old and look so weak what to do ?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Do you have an avian vet in your area you can take your bird to in case he or she is sick?

Sudharsan

Moving in
Real Name
Sudharsan
Actually the time is sat 12 pm we need to take it out by tomorrow and i find my pet is pooping continuesly and it taking some abnormal breath

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Unfortunately, we are not vets and cannot diagnose what is wrong with your bird over the internet. Only a vet can say what could possibly be wrong. :(

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi Rocki,
I have merged your threads to contain the information in one place and brought it to the emergency forum.

Such a young bird being ill is serious, is there an emergency vet you can visit?

I'll tag some members who may have some tips
@rocky'smom @Mizzely @enigma731 @Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Keep her hydrated. She is losing a lot of fluid and electrolytes. Get Pedialyte (1/2 pedialyte and 1/2 water) down her with a syringe or spoon. She also needs nourishment. You can mix some pureed baby food with the pedialyte and try to get it down her.

You may have to force her, but she sounds very ill.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I agree with @Hankmacaw Pedialyte and baby rice cereal, (no to low iron) mixed in with the Pedialyte. Make sure it warm enough 100+° but no hotter then 105° with water as chaser. GET TO A AVIAN VETERINARIAN PRONTO asap

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello @Rocki Did you manage to get to the vet this morning? How is your bird doing? I hope he´s ok