• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Cockatoos are a different kind of crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That’s the big thing with cockatoos, especially umbrellas and Moluccans. They’re master manipulators, they’ll test you. And if they get away with it, they’ll keep doing it. That’s one big reason they become out of control.
Goodness, that's an Essential Truth, if there ever was one..and one a lot of people don't realize...or think of.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Goodness, that's an Essential Truth, if there ever was one..and one a lot of people don't realize...or think of.
That is the truth!!! Amen to that! Too's will test you every chance they get!

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Even in the weeks Chipper has been here, he's done this horrible thing where he looks very serene, then suddenly jumps up and screeches and starts dancing, JUST to make me jump, I swear!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Rewatching these clips makes me so thankful that Java is as mellow as he is. Even on the days when he has his playful moods/tantrums, it's nothing on this scale.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think once you learn to read your 'too it gets easier. Elvis is a challenge in the sense that he's nonstop energy but I now have a sense of what he's going to try to get into and can read his moods, etc. And then of course, there's the first bite. I think the fear of the unknown is worse then it actually happening. LOL. (Luckily, I really only had one semi-bad bite from Elvis. He thankfully gives warning nips if I miss his other clues.)

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@sunnysmom thankfully I've seen Chipper's semi playful, semi "I'm in charge" nip... I told my husband not to let the bird 'kiss' him!! It does help take away some fear of it, you're right.
And I'll never let my husband forget that I was right and he was wrong and stupid. :rofl: Thankfully he admitted he was in the wrong and didn't read the situation right. He was more upset about the baseboards than his bite. Lol

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Even in the weeks Chipper has been here, he's done this horrible thing where he looks very serene, then suddenly jumps up and screeches and starts dancing, JUST to make me jump, I swear!
Lol......:rofl:. Yep! Get used to that gesture. Typical too!
Wait till you ( and this has happened in my house) are watching a scary movie in the evening, having snacks, one light on in living room, and you thought your too was all snuggled on its cage for bed. ( I never locked my birds in cage in bird room.) When suddenly,your too sneaks into living room, climbs up back of sofa, and screams bloody murder right about the time a scary scene come on the horror movie!!
My wife and I didn't realize we could jump off sofa so high!!! LOL!! I think the hair on my head stood up and craped my britches!

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton has the same routine...he sitting...very calm...then...PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETYBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD... then the snake weaving, side to side and back and forth...then the laughing begins. Milty looks like he's going nuts...:eek:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Milton has the same routine...he sitting...very calm...then...PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETYBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD... then the snake weaving, side to side and back and forth...then the laughing begins. Milty looks like he's going nuts...:eek:
Nooooo, a too going nuts? My Too's probably looked at me like I was the one going nuts and they were normal! They were right ya know....lol. :rofl:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Oh, the snake weave! Back up, he's working his way up to over excited!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Oh, the snake weave! Back up, he's working his way up to over excited!!
...yes...the snake weave gets our IMMEDIATE attention...and gives Milty extra space...;)

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
Mine has this spot on top of his play gym. I know if he stands in a certain position he’s going to scream. Then he will flap his wings too in order to add to the affect.

the only person he really postures towards like he’s going to bite is our chocolate lab. Which is mean because our chocolate lab is incredibly nice to him haha. He’s funny. He hates and is scared of small dogs and thinks he can take my lab.

His major warning for some bad stuff about to happen is a slicked back crest and a stare without moving a muscle. His big bad boy just scared move is a big puff up and hiss.

Like all the others said. You’ll learn his signs. Sometimes it takes a few bites to learn it too.

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I used to watch Max and his antics while I tried to determine if I even wanted a bird. At full volume on a 200w system. After visiting a house filled with 'toos I realized nothing on youtube can prepare anyone for the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.