• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Cockatoos are a different kind of crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

No thanks lol I'll stick with my Vasa.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...nothing unusual seen in any of the videos...we see variant behaviors like that almost every day here...especially the first video. ;)

Gotcha is one of my all time favorite 'toos...and yes, the title of this thread is spot on...'too are a different kind of crazy...and the people they own are also on the crazy side, also...I know that's a fact, because I am one of those crazy people...:wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
...nothing unusual seen in any of the videos...we see variant behaviors like that almost every day here...especially the first video. ;)

Gotcha is one of my all time favorite 'toos...and yes, the title of this thread is spot on...'too are a different kind of crazy...and the people they own are also on the crazy side, also...I know that's a fact, because I am one of those crazy people...:wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

I admire and applaud those who have the endurance to handle a 'too day and night. They're lovely birds, but I would hate to be on the receiving end of that beak, especially when I told them no.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I admire and applaud those who have the endurance to handle a 'too day and night. They're lovely birds, but I would hate to be on the receiving end of that beak, especially when I told them no.
...yes, that beak can be intimidating, for sure...and just between you and me, I get taken aback by Milty's beak once in awhile...it's my challenge NOT to show him that, though...'toos just love to play mind games with their hoomans...and they will play those games dirty if they can get away with it...;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh the antics of cockatoos.... I really think one of the keys to having a 'too is the ability to stay calm. They really, really feed of your energy. And if you get mad and impatient with them, it's just going to escalate.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwww, Pebble, Max and Gotcha!! I love these crazy 'toos, I watch their videos all the time. :D

I don't think I could ever handle a cockatoo. My friends laugh at me when I say that since I have Taco, but 'toos are a whole new level of lunacy, LMAO. Macs are nuts but I can read them so much easier. :lol:

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Macs are nuts but I can read them so much easier. :lol:
...the interesting thing...I just can't read Macs...at all...for some reason, they're just "beyond my pay grade"...all of you guys who do...I salute you...:)

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Cockatoos are such unique and intelligent birds, it’s hard not to admire them. But I definitely could never handle one, at least not an umbrella or Moluccan ... but man I love interacting with them whenever I can. Fell in love with a forty year old umbrella at a local store/rescue, luckily she was adopted shortly after but I miss her. Sweetest voice and loved putting her cheek against the cage for pets.

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those birds act like someone really reinforced their tantrum behavior. Mine show small hints of that behavior, but not even half the intensity or duration of the videoed birds.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Call me crazy, but I love it. They are my favorite even though I settled on a smaller “too”.
Me too!! I only have one U2 now but if I could afford it I'd have so many more!! Especially moluccans! I just love M2s :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Those birds act like someone really reinforced their tantrum behavior.
...I think that, for some 'toos, their tantrum behavior actually feeds on itself. Milton realizes that he is "on a rant"..so sometimes he'll increase his intensity of said tantrum.
The interesting thing is that after he's done ranting, he'll laugh...now I don't know if the laugh is part of the tantrum...or his reaction to what happened.
Call me crazy, but I love it. They are my favorite even though I settled on a smaller “too”.
...an example of the fact that size doesn't matter...a 'Too is a 'Too...no matter how big or small they are...;)

Last edited:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Oh the antics of cockatoos.... I really think one of the keys to having a 'too is the ability to stay calm. They really, really feed of your energy. And if you get mad and impatient with them, it's just going to escalate.
I love Gotcha, I have seen that video before, he's hysterical! Maybe that's why Fred is a pretty low key laid back bird. Joe and I are very even tempered. Neither one of us ever get rattled, it's just the way we are. The most Fred ever hears is NO NO FRED, lol

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I only have one U2 now but if I could afford it I'd have so many more!! Especially moluccans! I just love M2s :heart:
...hey, I already have lost what was left of my mind long ago...if I had the room, I'd have a pair of U2s...Milty needs one of his own to pal around with...:)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Fred will do scarey bird, almost on que. He'll spread his wings fan his tail and put up his crest and do a nail biting screech that scared me to death when I first heard it. :lol: I figured out he was doing it because he knew it startled me! So I labeled it scarey bird, and gave him a treat every time he did scarey bird. Now he just does it if I say...SCAREY BIRD? :roflmao: Fred's hilarious! We enjoy him so much. I tell him he's my baby, where's my baby, and he comes running! Joe says it's the word BABY! OMG! :xflove:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

No thanks lol I'll stick with my Vasa.

Ahhh ha ha.... The everyday adventure of the too!
Crazy is their middle name. When Too's were discovered many moons ago, by some wambeebee tribe in the jungle, the whole tribe went crazy from the Too's laughing and talking. The tribe thought they were demons, and jumped off cliffs to avoid be taken over by demons. The disappearance of the Myans in South america, it was the too's!!!! ( ok that's b.s.....or is it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.