• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Cockatiels Nostril, DRY BLOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I went to get Emmit out of the Cockatiels cage and noticed the inside of his nostril had blood in it, I slowly got rid of the blood and it's all dry now, but his nostril has all dry blood in it which makes it hard to see if there's a cut on the inside, I can't see any cuts on the outside, I've looked twice and am going to check again but there's blood on his feathers too. It looks pretty far down, I mean, I can't see right down obviously, but the dry blood is covering the whole inside of his nostril.

I'm just worried about blood going down his lungs, is it possible or would there need to be a load of blood for that to happen?

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
What's happening now? Does he seem distressed? Could he have been beaked by another bird? Is he tail bobbing? Does he sound funny when he's breathing?

Ginger

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
How is Emmit doing now, Renae? Could he have had a night fright and banged his head or beak?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how is he doing dear? you need to watch out of course for signs of respiratory distress? Please let us know..and yes, there would have to be a lot of blood to pour into his lungs.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
It could be that he has "scratched" the inside of his nostril with his toe nail....Just keep an eye on him to make sure he is still not bleeding off/on...:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I would think the blood came up from inside and not from the outside in. Are you going to take him for a checkup??

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
How is he?

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
He's alright - he's breathing normal, there's no tail bopping at all either. He's active and eating, drinking, whistling, being his normal self.

It happened yesterday afternoon so I'd say one of the others have got him or he's done it himself. There's still dry blood in the nostril so can't see anything yet. If he starts showing respiratory distress I'll take him into the AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.