• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel with blood in nose and wings(pictures)

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
Hey everyone

I left my tiel for few hours came back found there is blood in his nose and wings and i don't know how it happen he only have 1 toy which is swing made of wood and a chain to hang it

can i treat him by my self? or he need to go to a vet ( there's no GOOD vets where I live )

He's not completely weaned yet

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Please take your bird to an avian vet. There could be significant damage or it could be superficial. I really suggest you try to find out what happened so you can make his environment more safe. Did he get out of the cage? Did he have night frights?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
If he was in thecage something must have made him panic. I would go to the vet.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
See your avian vet please.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Clean him up the best you can, keep him calm and warm. Something must have scared him, did he maybe get caught in the chain of the toy? Chains are a no here, they can easily get toes, beaks caught in them. Do you have any Neosporin cream, A&D cream, Aloe vera? It's better than nothing, make sure hes eating and drinking.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh poor bird! How is he acting? Is he active and eating and drinking? Can you post a picture of his cage? He almost looks like he flew into a wall.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
What about a blood feather? Nerd had deformed flights on one wing and they always bothered him. One day when he was around 20 he yanked a new blood feather right out and there was blood on his wings and blood spattered all over his cage. We took him to the vet and they found a big hole where he'd pulled the bad flight feather and cleaned it up. I looked all over the mess at the bottom of his cage and found a still gooey and wet flight feather we hadn't noticed before, he was fine and never did it again .

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like he got frightened and crashed into something. Is he still bleeding? I would advise taking him to the vet. Hope all will be well.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I agree...looks like he was frightened by something. Night frights? of all my tiels...my lutino is the most likely to be injured like yours during one of his night frights.

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
I took him to a vet and he only give me a spray of some kind ,anyway i figured out why he got injured my next door neighbor is doing something with his house and he got fright and he tried to open his cage and failed , but he's doing fine he eat and play like usual

Anyway as always thank you all so very much for your respond.

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
..my lutino is the most likely to be injured like yours during one of his night frights.
I noticed that he sometimes fly and hits the wall it’s happened twice but today he was sitting on my shoulder and all the sudden he just scream and fly into the wall

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Try to keep him from flying into the wall if you can,,you dont want another injury..:hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
It sounds like your bird may have a vision issue to be so scared of sounds and not flying well. Did the vet check his eyes?

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I noticed that he sometimes fly and hits the wall it’s happened twice but today he was sitting on my shoulder and all the sudden he just scream and fly into the wall
Something must have frightened him...if mine are out of the cage, the sound of the phone ringing, or other noise or even sometimes - something on TV scares them. Make sure there are no mirrors on the wall that he might also crash into.