• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel - Very mild swelling between Nostril and Eye, towards the Eye side

RishiNandh

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Rishi
Hello, I need help here,

I wish to prevent anything from developing from this new very small swelling near the eye. Maybe swelling is a word too strong. It's very subtle.

She's a cockatiel of almost 2.7 years of age by now. I fear it's an infection and I wanna know how I can prevent it from developing. To provide more context: Summer with an average temperature of 39*C. A water bath was introduced since she heats up slightly often. I keep making her walk over the water to cool her legs.

What can be done to prevent it keeping in mind that the place where I live is on full lockdown due to COVID-19? Can this just be the Heat that is causing this? Is this very serious. It's a swell of about 2 millimetres.

Thank you.

edit: Ill try getting a picture ASAP if it helps, I can't reach out to vets (I doubt if there are any nearby) and Avian Medicines are kind of out of reach because of COVID shutdowns too. I really really need help here.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

RishiNandh

Real Name
Rishi
Sure, She's sleeping right now. I'll get a pic once she wake's up!

There haven't been any behavioural changes. She pretty normal and bright. All I want is to prevent anything from developing.

RishiNandh

Real Name
Rishi
turns I was worrying for nothing really, She was perfectly alright the next day.