• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel staying on the bottom of cage

Petzal

Moving in
Ok, when I go to sleep my bird goes to sleep, I cover his cage with a blanket, leaving one side open for circulation (opposite side of me cause he tweets when he sees me move)he always sleeps on his perch, but for some reason he’s sitting on the bottom, and almost trying to see through his cover then he falls asleep. He’s active all day, sings and there is no behavioral changes, besides not wanting to take a bath :shifty: I’m using his smaller cage because we’re staying over relatives also, he literally goes on his perch and jumps off landing on his feet he’s only done this right now. Crazy, I know..

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It sounds like he wants to peek through the cover and is nervous about the new area to me.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
When Wally first came into my household, I always found her walking around the bottom of her cage. Her vet exams didnt show anything so I just assumed that was her thing.

However, after I bought a bigger cage for her (from an Avian Adventures Nina to a Loro flight cage), I hardly ever see her on her cage floor anymore.