• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel staying at the top of the cage and not intrested in coming down

Outstrech

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Erica
recently i've noticed sunflower facing towards the wall and sleeping more often. he doesn't have toys (i just got him a new cage so I want to lure him into it-it's MUCH bigger than the one i have rn and has toys and fun) so he might just be bored by he has no intrest in coming down even when I load his treat bowl with treats. right now i'm not in a position to go to the vet as the nearest one is very far away + i'm short on money from buying him a nice cage so unless it's very urgent i'd prefer to treat him from home. his poop is normal, everything is fine, he just has a general disintrest in...everything. he'll eat the millet if i put it in front of him but he's isnt like "ohmaigawdohmaigawd" like he usually is. is he okay? i just got some hope for taming him so i hope he doesn't leave me so soon

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump4:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I am not experience with sick birds. Assuming your bird isn't sick... how long have you had him? He sounds a little fearful. Birds like high places, it makes them feel safe. And he might be a little frightened by the new cage or environment. Cockatiel are pretty chill, or at least mine is. My cockatiel prefers to nap and preen most of the time. Playfulness isn't his nature.
If you think he is sick, watch him closely.

Outstrech

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Erica
I've had him for around 4 months. I realized something was at the bottom of his cage that was scaring him (brightly colored food bowl) and he's back to normal.