• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel screaming in the mornings

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is happy and healthy. I’m reaching out in hopes to get some answers. For the past 2-3 days my 1.5 year old cockatiel has been more vocal in the mornings. It does not matter if I am near her or not she seems to be more vocal and the only thing that somewhat helps is if im sitting and she’s on me. She usually quiets down in the everning and starts playing with her toys so I don’t think she has a problem. Last time she was like this she went into a moult a couple weeks later but she recently finished her molt so i’m not sure what’s triggering this behaviour again. Is it due to hormones? Is it mating season right now? I was hoping if anyone could tell me if they have dealt with a similar situation.

kade

Moving in
Real Name
Kaden
my cockatiels are the most vocal in the morning when i first uncover them, so i wouldn’t be worried about the screaming if there isn’t any other changes you’ve noticed

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If you haven't already considered it, you may want to consider covering them. I got birds in late November, when daylight was almost at its shortest time here. Needless to say, I worried about neighbors complaining about the noise as spring came. I finally decided to take the plunge & start covering them late September. Though no one has complained, largely due to their placement in my home, I have peace of mind knowing that they start full volume singing after quiet hours.

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
If you haven't already considered it, you may want to consider covering them. I got birds in late November, when daylight was almost at its shortest time here. Needless to say, I worried about neighbors complaining about the noise as spring came. I finally decided to take the plunge & start covering them late September. Though no one has complained, largely due to their placement in my home, I have peace of mind knowing that they start full volume singing after quiet hours.
Hello, thank you for your reply. I do cover her and she is quiet until I wake her up but as soon as she is out of the cage she screams until about 4-5pm.

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
my cockatiels are the most vocal in the morning when i first uncover them, so i wouldn’t be worried about the screaming if there isn’t any other changes you’ve noticed
Is it normal that he is only vocal some times of the year? For example, he has times when he screams from morning till 4-5pm for about 2 months and then he goes back to being quiet for a few months.

tielcharm

Moving in
Real Name
Erica
Mine is always very vocal in the mornings when uncovered and when it gets light. He does it all year round so I'm not sure why they'd only do it some times of the year