• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel prices

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
African queen aviary has them for about 1,100, if you’re still interested ;)
To be honest - I'm a bit freaked out of bringing any new bird into my home after Pixiebeaks story.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
daddy long legs in the city
I remember seeing one here in Spain (I have only seen one in the whole time living here), and my partner is like ¨what on earth is that?!¨(in Spanish), and as I don´t know what they are called here, I´m like ¨It´s a daddy long legs!¨ (in English) ... He was like, what?! :huh:
Deja vu. Got a daddy long legs here squatting in my living room. Had to tell him three times it´s not a giant mutant mosquito :facepalm: I think I´ll go google the word for it so I´m not sounding crazy :lol:

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
@Kiwi's Dad right now there is a cage and galah for $90, a proven breeding pair for $250 and the babies from that pair are $100. People tend to ask more for the handtame birds so some of them are a bit more for being handtame cos people are stupid and do not realise that handtame does not mean for every pair of hands... Burt is handtame but I would hate to see what would happen to someone just walking in thinking they can pet him or even ask him to step up for them so handtame does not mean stranger friendly!
Wow!!

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My mother mentioned yesterday that she saw a cockatiel for sale online for $500. I was like "are you sure it was a tiel and not a too?" But reading this, I guess they really have gone up that much!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
My mother mentioned yesterday that she saw a cockatiel for sale online for $500. I was like "are you sure it was a tiel and not a too?" But reading this, I guess they really have gone up that much!
Yeah they're getting higher and higher up there. I wish Tteok's breeder hadn't retired :arghh: i’m beginning to wonder if I got him for such a great deal just because he was part of the last clutch.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Yeah they're getting higher and higher up there. I wish Tteok's breeder hadn't retired :arghh: i’m beginning to wonder if I got him for such a great deal just because he was part of the last clutch.
How much did you get him for?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Has he hand reared
He was - I got him not fully weaned (which was honestly terrible :roflmao: he took forever to wean and all it ended up coming down to was "Meghan, stop feeding him" so I was getting that baby dino scream for absolutely no reason).

I can find a non tamed "breeder only" one for $150 or more, but if I'm spending that much, there's no reason not to spend the extra $50 for a tame one.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
He was - I got him not fully weaned (which was honestly terrible :roflmao: he took forever to wean and all it ended up coming down to was "Meghan, stop feeding him" so I was getting that baby dino scream for absolutely no reason).

I can find a non tamed "breeder only" one for $150 or more, but if I'm spending that much, there's no reason not to spend the extra $50 for a tame one.
Yep you might as well get a tame one £200

bless him that’s too cute though

Mocknbird

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Am I crazy, or have cockatiels jumped wildly in price all of a sudden?

I got Tteok for $75. I was looking for a friend for him (because I'm dumb, obviously) and every single tiel I find - breeder, Craigslist, rescue - is $200+. No matter the age, color, sex, tamed, untamed, handfed, weaned... Every single one is $200 or more.

What's going on here? Are they suddenly popular or something?
There aren't very many being produced in my area. I'm charging 300 for a handraised cockatiel because that is the going rate around here.