• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cockatiel poop colour details

nnaresss

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Naresh Kumar
My cockatiel poop colour look like creamy white instead of green. Is this any serious. Please guide me...

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hi,
Its always good to give as much background as possible.

How old is your bird, male or female if known, how long have you had them, do you have other birds, what is the diet, have you made any diet changes recently, did they have any unusual foods, is this a morning poop or a poop from anytime thereafter? Was the poop flowed by a normal poop or do they allow like this?

First because birds hide being sick, any and all symptoms should be taken seriously . Taken to the avian veterinarian can save lives and often quick action is cheaper and quicker recovery as well.

From this poop, without any background.....I think there is too much wet ( liquid urine part) not enough urates ( creamy white part) this could indicate kidney Inflammation. The light color stool can be pancreas/liver. I'm not sure

But poops can have a wide range of color and look from what they are eating..

nnaresss

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Naresh Kumar
This poop was my female cockatiels dropping. Her age was approximately 2 to 3yr. I have her in last 1year. Having 1more cockatiel is male. Male was just bought in before 2 months. Giving them food as millet and corn. Recently my father giving them wheat. This image of poop was afternoon taken. Some other images was take in between last 1 month.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Thanks for more information and pictures.

I'm not a veterinarian, and with any issues with parrots an avian veterinarian should be consulted. I'm quick to turn to my avian veterinarian and they have saved my birds.

We have to talk about diet. The food you are providing is not nutritionally complete. Birds that have reached 2 years have burned through the liver stores of some vitamins they were born with. Notable vitamin A. Your diet of seed and corn isn't proving vitamin A and many other key vitamins and minerals. Those missing nutrients play a key role in health and immunity. So this is a age you can start seeing a big decline in health , upto loss of life from nutritional deficiency.

So changes have to made to diet , it can take effort and patience to get them eating better. I think I saw sticky thread to offer help with diet change. But some foods rich in vitamin A/beta carotene are peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, romaine lettuce. Parrots usually take to peppers pretty easy , sweet ones and hot ones, even dried peppers are still a source if vitamin A which is why they are included in many parrots seed mixes. Offer the deep Yellow/orange/red bell pepper they can eat the seed too. Cooked sweeet potatoes mashedd and served warm are often taken too quickly, butter nut squash , and pumpkin. Try serving shredded carrots. Cooking carrots also makes the vitamin A more bio available. Romaine lettuce is actually a good source. Birds will often nibble this pretty early on in diet changes. Serve whole leaves, hang them, weave in cage bars. I'm focusing on vitamin A rich foods because they are so critical and seed have none.

Part of your birds poop problems are linked to diet, that's safe to say even as a non veterinarian. They can be having fatty liver and a host of other nutritional disorders effecting their internal organs. Because key nutrients are missing.

Diet effects immunity. Decreasing their ability to fight off infection.

With these poop pictures we are seeing clay colored stool, Cloudy urine, some bile acid stained urine ( dark green) strings of urates or no urates, and increased urine ( the wet part. )

I think this is nutritional plus bacteria infection, likely chlamydia. Its definitely nutritional plus something( bacteria/fungal/viral).

Diet change plus seek veterinarian. A veterinarian is warranted and needed, they can determine cause and provide medicne

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
can I ask what are the white rice looking things in the pictures?

If this is rice , be warned that it grows bacteria quickly. Its not safe to leave out or even store in the fridge to serve the next day. Burds get sicker from this than humans, but even humans get sick

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Iink to sticky on diet change