• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent COCKATIEL NIGHTFRIGHT INJURY

Grigals

Meeting neighbors
Hello to all my non Australians, it is currently 3am. Our power went out and turned back on causing the 2 cockatiels to have a night fright. I'm sitting with them calming them down and I notice that violet is bleeding. Its been a good 20 minutes now and no more blood. I think she has grazed/bumped her cere?? I could take her to the bird vet in the morning if she needed but will she be ok until the morning?? She seems her normal self bossing her brother around, obviously a bit shaken from the ordeal but both really tired trying to sleep again. Worried bird parent here, I won't be able to sleep until I know she will be ok!! 179F9A3B-B4B5-4BBB-AA21-74BCC3393C77.jpeg ED25A947-1720-42CE-82D5-D270DF09E6DE.jpeg Thank you in advance.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh poor little one,bless her little heart. I think if the bleeding has stopped by now it probably won't start again. I'd just recommend keeping her calm and quiet til your able to get her to the vet.

Grigals

Meeting neighbors
Oh poor little one,bless her little heart. I think if the bleeding has stopped by now it probably won't start again. I'd just recommend keeping her calm and quiet til your able to get her to the vet.
I've turned out the light again(with their night light on of course) so they can go back to sleep. I will be keeping a very close eye on her tomorrow and calling the vet in the morning! Thank you for replying

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've turned out the light again(with their night light on of course) so they can go back to sleep. I will be keeping a very close eye on her tomorrow and calling the vet in the morning! Thank you for replying
Of course! I'm sorry that it happened and I hope she will be ok.