• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Cockatiel lost its leg (sad update #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
my cockatiel just lost a leg-

so i let my cockatiel out of the cage woth my macaw i left for two seconds came back to see my cockatiel bleeding with part of his foot on the ground and my macaws beak kinda redish my cockatiels bleeding hadnt stopped all vets are closed at the moment what should i do

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow. That’s awful. Poor cockatiel. How tragic

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Oh no, I´m so sorry for your loss.

This really is the epitome of why never to leave the big and the little together even for just a second.

How is your macaw? I hope they are not freaked out or stressed :(
My macaw is acting like nothing happened tbh i have no idea what caused the fight my black palm is getting depressed tho pearl was everything to him he even started fighting with my macaw for the sake of pearl now i have to separate my macaw from all my other birds

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:( Aw, poor little Pearl, that’s awful.:sorrow:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:

Sorry for the loss but accidents can happen in a second or two even if you are in the room.
Poor Pearl just could have happened to fly near the Macaw & it was a reflex reaction.

Its best to have separate out times for greatly different sized birds. Even if one bird is caged another bird can land on the birds cage & have a foot severed between the bars in an instant. Really sad.

:sadhug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.