• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent cockatiel losing feathers around eyes

Raven123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Daphne Rodriguez
Hello, so yeaterday I noticed one of my birds losing feathers on her head. I am not sure if this is due to molting or sickness. She shares a cage with another cockatiel (female) but they never pluck or fight, so I am not sure if the other cockatiel did this to her. I also noticed some missing feathers around her eye.

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So this happened overnight? Maybe it’s from a night fright? Are there any tail or wing feathers broken or lost? From the photos it also looks like it could be from hitting or rubbing her head on something.

Raven123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Daphne Rodriguez
So this happened overnight? Maybe it’s from a night fright? Are there any tail or wing feathers broken or lost? From the photos it also looks like it could be from hitting or rubbing her head on something.
The loss of feathers on her head did happen overnight, so I think it was a night fright. I checked her and there seems to be no broken feathers or blood. She seems pretty normal but I will keep an eye on her, thank you

Raven123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Daphne Rodriguez
Hello, so recently I have been seeing my bird losing feathers around her eye. I am not sure if this is due to molting or if she is sick. I plan to take her to the vet tomorrow but I am worried about her health.

Attachments