• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel has swollen crop?

aurelius

Moving in
Real Name
Ember
Hey all,

I don't know if this is a normal crop for my tiel Pepper but I noticed it today. (The feather plucking and dry, itchy was from before I got her, and I'm working on taking her to the vet for it. She's also molting so there are feathers growing in. For this post I'm mostly concerned about her crop.)

It definitely doesn't look normal to me. Help!!! Soonest I can get a vet appointment is for a week from now!!!!!! IMG_20230303_211716037.jpg IMG_20230303_211703085.jpg IMG_20230303_211710632.jpg IMG_20230303_211706380.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I could be wrong but it looks like she may have a ruptured Air sac. @Milo

aurelius

Moving in
Real Name
Ember
she did fly into a window the other day when startled. it wasn't a bad one, she's had worse before, but it definitely worried me. could this have caused it??? I have never even heard of a ruptured air sac before and don't know what to do about it if this is the case. I only just now noticed the crop but it's possible she's had it for longer and I didnt realize.