• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel Has No Ability to be in Cage

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I know, @Shezbug . I would react the same way.
I am just having a really hard time understanding how deliberately maiming and disabling them will stop the contact calling which I believe is the main issue for the people involved? It is possible I have missed some information so forgive me if this is the case. Disabling/ maiming/ clipping will certainly have an affect on them and may most likely make them quite stressed and depressed which of course will quieten them down for some time but I fail to understand why anyone would recommend doing this to any bird ever unless they have a heart issue or are seriously intent on harming a member of the household and need to be stopped or slowed down while training is going on.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Hope it all works out!

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
I am just having a really hard time understanding how deliberately maiming and disabling them will stop the contact calling which I believe is the main issue for the people involved? It is possible I have missed some information so forgive me if this is the case. Disabling/ maiming/ clipping will certainly have an affect on them and may most likely make them quite stressed and depressed which of course will quieten them down for some time but I fail to understand why anyone would recommend doing this to any bird ever unless they have a heart issue or are seriously intent on harming a member of the household and need to be stopped or slowed down while training is going on.
We aren't intending to do that. They enjoy flying, and Russet has been flighted for a long time. It would not be fair to clip in order to deal with troublesome behavior. I expect in the long run, it would worsen the issues we are having or at least introduce new ones.

Clipping is out of the question.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I did not reccomend it. I just asked. They are at the point of rehoming them.