• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel Greenish Urates

mermaidyaa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
-
Hello, I have a 7 weeks old cockatiel that I have been handfeeding since he was 23 days old. Things have been going great however I've been noticing some changes:

1. He's sleeping most of the day except when he's hungry which is in the morning and evening.
2. He's not preening
3. He tries to sleep with one foot up but seems like he's unable to?

Some additional information:
1. I'm feeding him Kaytee Omega-3 formula
2. Formula feeding at 7 in the morning and evening
3. Water, Top's Pellet, seeds and millet available at all times. Veges given every afternoon.

Most concerning thing:
- his urates starts to become greenish and kinda chalky?

I have called the avian vet in my state but my appointment is not until after two weeks as they only open on sunday mornings due to the neverending lockdown in my country. I have called other non-avian vet but they redirected me to the same avian vet as that is the only vet that sees bird in my state (I live in an island).

Is there anything I should be doing or to look out for while I'm waiting for my appointment? Thank you in advance ❤

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad you have a vet appointment, even though it’s far from now. Is he drinking and eating his solid food? Have you been weighing him regularly? I hope he’ll be okay!

mermaidyaa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
-
I’m glad you have a vet appointment, even though it’s far from now. Is he drinking and eating his solid food? Have you been weighing him regularly? I hope he’ll be okay!
Thank you for the reply. No,he has not been eating his solid food at all (only occasionally picking and playing with millets but not eating it). He only wanted me to handfeed him which he only begs twice daily, in the morning and evening before bed time. I weigh him daily and for the past few days he's going between 78-80 grams, gaining or losing 1-2 grams.