• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cockatiel foot and coconut oil

birdowner0

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Joclyn
Hi I’m a new bird owner of a cockatiel and I’ve had him for 3 months now. He’s been doing alright so far but I just started noticing more if his feet and saw that they were dry and sort of scaly and he would rarely scratch. Earlier today I decided to search what to put on his feet to make them non scaly and it had said coconut oil so I did put coconut oil on his feet. Everything was alright so far, then he recently starting scratching his left foot and it looks a bit more pink or red than the other one. I’m just worried that I was wrong for putting coconut oil on his feet and if there’s some sort of bad reaction that he had to it. I’ll add a picture of his feet so y’all can give me advice. Here’s another picture where it shows his position that he’s currently posing as.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:
If his feet are dry then usually a bath or misting with fresh clean water will help.
Do you have other perches (natural ones) for him to use too or is it just the dowels he has?

birdowner0

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Joclyn
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:
If his feet are dry then usually a bath or misting with fresh clean water will help.
Do you have other perches (natural ones) for him to use too or is it just the dowels he has?
I’m still trying to get him to understand to take a bath, I don’t think his previous owner took him a bath and when I got him he was standing on a dowel. I did do my research and I’m still in the process of getting better stuff for him. Earlier today I bought him a Java wood perch and just put it in his cage so his feet have more wood to grab on to si ve the perch is kind of thick.