• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

cockatiel cage size

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
It looks alright for one cockatiel, maybe not two. Ask @Sunni Tiel ...I don’t know as much as they do on cockatiels.

AlexT303

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alex Turanskiy
It looks alright for one cockatiel, maybe not two. Ask @Sunni Tiel ...I don’t know as much as they do on cockatiels.
ok i have actually just realized i don't want to get a cockatiel because i am allergic to pollen and dust and i know they shake off a lot of dander, so i am going for a budgie.

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Sorry I'm late to the party, but yes, that cage would have been a great one. It's probably the cheapest recommended cage for a cockatiel. It's a nice size and really affordable, I personally really like this one, but it's not the best quality.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
ok i have actually just realized i don't want to get a cockatiel because i am allergic to pollen and dust and i know they shake off a lot of dander, so i am going for a budgie.
Good job and thank you for doing your research and not buying a bird before you knew it would be a good fit. This cage is even better for a budgie, and you could house multiple. (NO MORE than 2 I think, I'm no profesional on budgies but I know if you have three usually one pair bonds and the other one is like a third wheel and gets left out. You couldn't have 4 in that cage, they wouldn't fit.) Also if you had more than one you would have to have a spare cage in case they didn't get along and for quarantine. I would only but 1 in there If I were you. The budgie would probably be happy if you had another bird in the house, maybe not in the same cage. They are flock animals after all.

AlexT303

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alex Turanskiy
Good job and thank you for doing your research and not buying a bird before you knew it would be a good fit. This cage is even better for a budgie, and you could house multiple. (NO MORE than 2 I think, I'm no profesional on budgies but I know if you have three usually one pair bonds and the other one is like a third wheel and gets left out. You couldn't have 4 in that cage, they wouldn't fit.) Also if you had more than one you would have to have a spare cage in case they didn't get along and for quarantine. I would only but 1 in there If I were you. The budgie would probably be happy if you had another bird in the house, maybe not in the same cage. They are flock animals after all.
so u recommend me to get one budgie and then find out if i am allergic to powder down birds and if not get something like a cockatiel or something like a conure as a bird buddy @Sunni Tiel

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
so u recommend me to get one budgie and then find out if i am allergic to powder down birds and if not get something like a cockatiel or something like a conure as a bird buddy @Sunni Tiel
I think she means get a budgie or two if you want a bird...or take a test to see if you have down feather allergy or whatever it is, then get the bird that suits you best.

AlexT303

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alex Turanskiy
I think she means get a budgie or two if you want a bird...or take a test to see if you have down feather allergy or whatever it is, then get the bird that suits you best.
where can i take a test to see if i am allergic to powder down birds?

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
where can i take a test to see if i am allergic to powder down birds?
I don't think there's a test, although I may be wrong.

Some people get a cockatiel or similar and develop an allergy later on, and have to give away the birds.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Conures are a good option, I recommend Green cheeked conures. They are smaller, usually more laid back and quiet. Make sure you and everyone else in your home can handle the conure noises first though, if you do decide on that. Conures have about as much dust as a budgie. Cockatiels have a lot of dust.