• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

cockatiel breeding

weather the eggs are fertile or not.

• FERTILE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNFERTILE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaibhav Bali

Checking out the neighborhood
my cockatiel had laid few eggs few days back. i candeled the eggs and thinks that they are unfertile. but that time cockateil sits for short span (sits during night), but after her 3 egg she is continously sitting on eggs. can anybody help me weather the eggs are fertile or not.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Many species of bird that lay multiple eggs do not begin incubating the eggs until more than one egg has been laid. This is to allow the eggs to hatch more closely together date wise.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Does your cockatiel have a mate?

SweetAmber

Walking the driveway
my cockatiel had laid few eggs few days back. i candeled the eggs and thinks that they are unfertile. but that time cockateil sits for short span (sits during night), but after her 3 egg she is continously sitting on eggs. can anybody help me weather the eggs are fertile or not.
Dear, unless you have been doing it for years any first day egg will look bad. Wait until she starts sitting tight, then try one a few days in. Do not candle again though, the light can damage the embryo.

Vaibhav Bali

Checking out the neighborhood
today i noticed that the nest stinks a lot. there is foul smell coming from inside nest box.whats that is it normal

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The smell is most likely feces. The other possibilities are that the egg(s) have rotted, or a chick has passed.