• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent COCKATIEL BLEEDING ON WING/SHOULDERS HELP IMMEDIATELY!!

snapeybird

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Michael
So it was around 10:30am and my bird was chill, it was fine sat next to me on a perch, very tame and lovely, but he started freaking out for no reason and flew into at least 3 walls and now it's bleeding from the image you
can see here, I'm not sure what to do, I've put water on the injury and hope that it isn't infected, but I really do not know what to do, It is around 18 weeks, male and it's name is Snape like from harry potter urgent care is needed
Thank you!

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Has the bleeding stopped?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It’s good the bleeding has stopped but it’s hard to say if it’s serious or not just from a description and photos, a vet check is always the best option after an injury.

Reactions: tka

snapeybird

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Michael
It’s good the bleeding has stopped but it’s hard to say if it’s serious or not just from a description and photos, a vet check is always the best option after an injury.
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated I will get him checked out as soon as possible, he's still able to fly and seems happy so doesn't seem too serious but I will get him checked out just for good measures, thank you for your help once again.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
In future if your bird is bleeding you want to stop the bleeding by using something such as plain flour, you grab a good pinch and hold it firmly but gently on the wound. Water can make it difficult for the blood to clot.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I keep a first aid kit right next to cage area. Home made Bleed stop is on top layer of the kit