• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel beak

Birds

Checking out the neighborhood
This might be a stupid question but I just noticed my cockatiels beak is always partially open, and he can’t seem to close it. Is this normal or should I see a vet? I’ve looked at other pictures of cockatiels on the internet and some have their beak closed while some are open so I wanted to make sure there’s nothing to worry about.

Attachments

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
:bump4: I'm not sure, but it's definitely NOT a stupid question! It could be that your cockatiel has a slightly overgrown bottom beak....Hopefully someone will know better, but I would probably take him to the vet. Maybe @Zara could help?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How old is your cockatiel? Has your bird been for a check up yet with a vet who treats birds?

Birds

How old is your cockatiel? Has your bird been for a check up yet with a vet who treats birds?
He is about a year and a half old, I’ve had him for about 6 months and I haven’t set up an appointment for him yet and I am not sure if his previous owners ever got him a checkup.

Birds

:bump4: I'm not sure, but it's definitely NOT a stupid question! It could be that your cockatiel has a slightly overgrown bottom beak....Hopefully someone will know better, but I would probably take him to the vet. Maybe @Zara could help?
Thank you for your help! I will try to find the nearest bird vet to set up an appointment!