• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel Beak Growth

michbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
michelle
I just noticed my Cockatiel has a new formed fleshy looking growth on the side of her beak. It is small. Attached pictures:

I've have done some research and it seems like it should fall off but wanted to consult if any of you have had a cockatiel going through something similar.

Last edited:

PeppysPal

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Allie
I would make an appointment with your vet, I hope your little one does well :heart: It could impair eating or preening, it could be uncomfortable and itchy.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I would for sure recommend a check up with an avian vet. Better to be safe then sorry.

I hope she is okay and it's nothing serious! :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I've never seen that..would see what the vet says,,

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Maybe is some kind of fungus? I recently saw something similar in an amazon parrot. The vet said usually when you feed mashes the humidity can grow fungus (especially if you're handfeeding and you're not extra careful with cleaning).

Although that seems to be a bit more...fleshy looking that what I saw. Like folks said, get an appointment to the vet and let us know how it went, please!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I haven't seen anything like that, but I hope he's okay. He's a very cute little tiel!:xflove: I agree you should take him to the vet, but please keep us updated.