• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel and Quaker

MPhoenix

Moving in
So, I have a female cockatiel and I'm planning on adopting a new cockatiel alongside a quaker parrot this year. For the first one, I'm not worried, but I'm concerned in how will a tiel react to a quaker and vice versa.

I'm of couse going to house them separately, but I wanna know how it's their time outside going to be. The quacker it's going to be very young when I get them, so I hope that helps (being raised with other birds and stuff), my concerns remain tho.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It really depends but my mother in law has both and they can't be let out at the same time

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
You're asking us to predict a random thing, it all depends on the birds themselves. If you're going to go ahead with this then expect the worst. That's the best way to prepare.
I have to ask others with more experience of mixing birbs, would the dust from 2 tiels not be an issue for the quaker?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I would have to agree with everyone that we really can't predict cause every bird is different.

I can only say that with my Quaker Blu that as much as I wish I could have a second bird I'm afraid to because I would imagine he can do some real damage to another bird when he gets into one of his temperamental moods.

MPhoenix

Moving in
You're asking us to predict a random thing, it all depends on the birds themselves. If you're going to go ahead with this then expect the worst. That's the best way to prepare.
I have to ask others with more experience of mixing birbs, would the dust from 2 tiels not be an issue for the quaker?

Thanks, it's just I didn't knew if these species where a good mix. For example, I was told irn and cockatiels are not a good match due to the size difference and the temperament of both birds.