• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel age help

MC1104

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone, just recently got my new cockatiel and unable to hold him yet, wondering how to figure out his rough age without reading his euring as the pet shop I purchased him doesn't have any of these details any help would be appreciated thanks. I have attached a picture of his claws as I've been told that could help.

Attachments

MC1104

Hi everyone, just recently got my new cockatiel and unable to hold him yet, wondering how to figure out his rough age without reading his euring as the pet shop I purchased him doesn't have any of these details any help would be appreciated thanks. I have attached a picture of his claws as I've been told that could help.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Unless a tiel is a "baby", you can't really tell age by how they look. He looks young, but beyond that I'm not sure. The pet store had no idea? Make sure that he's eating okay- I don't think he's super young but some newly weaned tiels regress and need some hand feedings.

@Tiel Feathers ? @Laurul Feather Cat ?

MC1104

Nope pet shop told me they never had any of they details about him atall, he's been eating fine the last 2 days I was thinking he was atleast a year or 2 but was unsure how to find out for definite.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yeah, unfortunately it’s too hard to tell the age of your new bird. Congratulations on your new cutie though!