• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiel 2 Months old not eating and cannot fly properly

Boot_Leg

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello so my Cockatiel who is 2 months old has not been eating through handfeed or eating seeds and other bird food. It also used to fly before but it is too weak and ends up falling to the ground whenever it tries to fly. I am not sure if he is sick or not and what i should do to care for him.

Boot_Leg

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello so my Cockatiel who is 2 months old has not been eating through handfeed or eating seeds and other bird food. It also used to fly before but it is too weak and ends up falling to the ground whenever it tries to fly. I am not sure if he is sick or not and what i should do to care for him.
i forgot to mention that it sleeps alot also

Sam123

Meeting neighbors
I'm not an expert... But these are signs of sickness. Loss of appetite can be bad. Is he sleeping on the perch or at the bottom of the cage? Also if you can provide pictures it would be helpful. In my opinion you should see a vet asap.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Agree that this little one should be seen by a vet!

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
These are the warning signs of illness. This little baby needs to be seen by an avian veterinarian! Hope he gets better soon!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Do you have an avian vet?
If so you need to book in ASAP to have your baby checked out.
If you do not already have an avian vet then you’ll need to find one- the members here can help you find your closest if you’re stuck.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope he will be okay. You need to take him to a vet right away. Please keep us updated!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He should be seen by a vet. Also, how long have you had him? Is he weaned? Cockatiels don't usually wean until 8-12 weeks. Is he making hungry noises? He may need some hand feedings.