• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockateil whistle

Sam123

Meeting neighbors
Hi! I was wondering if a cockateil can learn to whistle more than one song. My year old tiel sings if you're happy and you know it. I thought maybe if he could sing another song as well it would be fun. The pink panther whistle maybe. Will he confuse both the songs and mess up or will he do well? Also I don't want him to give up on singing if you're happy and you know it after he learns a new song. Is it possible?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yes it’s no problem for them to learn more than one song. You’ll have to post a video of your cockatiel whistling!

kade

Moving in
Real Name
Kaden
they can indeed! my male cockatiel knows how to sing “if you’re happy and you know it,” “september” by earth wind and fire, and the apple ringtone! he can also say a few phrases and even mashes some words together, lol. from my experience, he has favorite songs and phrases that he whistles more often than the other, but he still knows the others and will whistle them if he hears the tune!

Sam123

Meeting neighbors
Thanks everyone :) I sure will post a video when all my efforts of listening to the song for weeks till he learns it show colours.:)