• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockateil in airflight

Chuppu

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alina
Can my cockatiel take a 16 hour flight in airplane, is it safe for them

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
@Zara
I personally think it would be very stressful for the bird, but it can be done. The bird in question would need to be comfortable, secure and in a sturdy carrier. How old is your bird? Does he/she have any health problems?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
If your bird is used to being in a carrier for that long, then go for it if you absolutely have to. Astro (CAG) can be in a carrier for 9 hours and is okay. An airplane in my opinion is not worse than a car. Cars get stressful because birds can't balance well while the car is moving. An airplane is only stressful to board. Once you are on it it should be fine. Also cockatiels are small so you should be able to find a reasonably comfortable carrier.

Chuppu

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alina
@Zara
I personally think it would be very stressful for the bird, but it can be done. The bird in question would need to be comfortable, secure and in a sturdy carrier. How old is your bird? Does he/she have any health problems?
My bird would be 5 to 6 years old. When I bought it, he had few wing feathers and no tail. I dont know what had happened to him in past. But as of now he is a happy cockatiel