• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Clover tried to scalp Daisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msminnamouse

Strolling the yard
Thanks for that warning. However the ointment is oil based, not the cream.

Daisy's wound is looking very good. It's healing quickly.

This situation has made me decide that I'm changing avian vets once and for all. I really dislike the fact that their current vet's office was so intent on not disclosing any advice unless I bring her in. Especially given the fact that they're almost an hour away. They didn't used to be like this.

Chicklet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jamie
Yes :) I wasn't sure if you were talking about the ointment or the cream. I'm glad she's looking better!:)

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
You are the only one that knows your comfort level with your birds, I understand.:hug8:

pst003

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Patricia
After reading all the posts on this thread, I really don't have any advice to offer that hasn't already been offered...but I did have one comment. As I read, I started thinking more and more about this...When our birds (or other babies) are injured, it sure seems like we end up more traumatized than even they are. I know I do...lol.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Im glad its healing quickly. Jaden got a similiar injury last night (altho not as bad) but right in that same spot. He followed me into my bedroom, got spooked by my husband, and flew into the mirror. The blood startled me, but after hearing "this could be bad, and that could be bad" i was afraid of putting ANYTHING on it. I hear good thing about Cayenne, i do. And i do have it, but the burning scares me too...not to mention it was RIGHT on his nare, and i didnt need it getting into his nose or something..
So i cleaned it with warm water (bleeding stopped almost right away) and put him to bed. Checked on it this morning and it looked like it was healing already.

Msminnamouse

Strolling the yard
When our birds (or other babies) are injured, it sure seems like we end up more traumatized than even they are. I know I do...lol.
Don't I know it! OMG. You should have seen me the time my dog fell down our neighbor's stairs. She was completely fine and it was only after I started carrying on that she caught on and started milking it!

Im glad its healing quickly. Jaden got a similiar injury last night (altho not as bad) but right in that same spot. He followed me into my bedroom, got spooked by my husband, and flew into the mirror. The blood startled me, but after hearing "this could be bad, and that could be bad" i was afraid of putting ANYTHING on it. I hear good thing about Cayenne, i do. And i do have it, but the burning scares me too...not to mention it was RIGHT on his nare, and i didnt need it getting into his nose or something..
So i cleaned it with warm water (bleeding stopped almost right away) and put him to bed. Checked on it this morning and it looked like it was healing already.
I'm glad to hear he's okay! Sometimes I wonder about parrots...

I don't need to keep them separate during supervised play time OUTSIDE their cages. It wasn't territorial behavior or domination or anything else of that nature. It was just misplaced aggression that stemmed from them being restrained inside the shirt. They try to bite rapidly and anywhere they can place a bite when I have to restrain them in a towel and it was really stupid and thoughtless of me to restrain them in the same shirt like that. A bite here, a bite there and Daisy got Clover (I found a pink spot and a few feathers missing where she couldn't have taken them herself) and Clover got Daisy back.

Status
Not open for further replies.