• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Close-up of an assist hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wowwwwwwwwwwwwthat is an awesome pic

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Anne...once upon a time Sam was that small and inocent looking...LOL

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Great picture!
Having to do an assist hatch is so tedious and so much can go wrong...knowing when to step in at just the right time, what to use in doing so, etc....:hug8:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Great picture!
Having to do an assist hatch is so tedious and so much can go wrong...knowing when to step in at just the right time, what to use in doing so, etc....:hug8:
----------------------------------------------

In south FL there are certain times of the year if you don't assist a hatch you lose them.

Many many years ago I did an article on assist hatching for AFA Watchbird magazine. Here is a link to a more recent and very updated article...

Assist Hatches - Just Cockatiels!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:omg::omg::omg:What a FANTASTIC article you did!!!!!!
WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this! I have tried before (long time before I had internet!) and lost.....:hug8:
----------------------------------------------

In south FL there are certain times of the year if you don't assist a hatch you lose them.

Many many years ago I did an article on assist hatching for AFA Watchbird magazine. Here is a link to a more recent and very updated article...

Assist Hatches - Just Cockatiels!

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Billis Faye....Thanks!

I'm still working on a few illustrations to add to the article....such as some line drawing to show the air cell size and what to look for, and what the changes mean.

And I keep the digital camera on hand just in case I have some odd hatches, etc.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Not to keep "knocking on your door" but ANYTHING like this article you would like to start a new thread with and EDUCATE us would so much be appreciated....
I so want people with your experience to help others coming up and passing on the information...when I started some 20 years ago, there were breeder who guarded their knowledge like Ft. Knox and wouldn't help people who were trying to learn but inexperienced...so a lot of people learn on their own and can really go down the wrong road or learn from someone who doesn't have a lot of GOOD knowledge with up dated information...This is why so many of us want to share and help others and are always looking for more information from people such as yourself!:hug8:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Hille Faye...first off is this a new forum? I had not heard of it until a couple days ago.

Like you when I first started none of the other breeders were willing to impart with any of their knowledge or experience. So much of my knowledge has been from my own mistakes. My cockatiels have taught me well.

I am a cockatiel breede, but alot of info can apply to ither species. If you look at this page: Articles From The Nestbox - Just Cockatiels! I have several articles NITE: Many are incomplet or still have to be uploaded.

And for thise that have tiels I have this album: Babies In Trouble Articles From The Nestbox - Just Cockatiels! In things to watch for in the nest.

My best tool has always been the digital camera to document anything and everything related to what species I breed.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Wow amazing!!!

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
:wow:amazing pic...

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Oh wow, great pic. I love your website. I'm so glad you're part of the forum. :hug8:

vancha

Sprinting down the street
I have used your website and pictures as a resource for a long time now. You have helped me every step of the way and I am very grateful for you sharing your knowledge.

Last edited:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I have used your website and pictures as a resource for a long time now. You have helped me every step of the way and I am very grateful for you sharing your knowledge.
-------------------------------------

THANKS! I'm glad the website and pix's are helpful.

If any of the pix's have my copyright on them feel free to use them.

If anyone needs any photediting I would be glad to work on others pix. I LOVE to make collages using several pix's with info added. The digital camera and image editing is addicting :)

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Great pic! I can't wait for you to finish some of those articles on your website!

Status
Not open for further replies.