• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clipped tiel!!!!

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
Are you sure this is a real store?
You said yourself the place seemed ¨fishy¨. A scammer could have easily picked up pictures like that from a shelter or rescue attending a hording situation.
Just a thought.
it crossed my mind, they stole their bird listings from other sites (so their pics of birds for sale are not theirs) but i reverse google image searched the “bird show” pictures and it only led me to their site. it is a bit strange though that the place conveniently doesn’t have any birds until april and you have to call or email to purchase a bird. which is why we’re going further, my friend will contact them in april and see what’s actually going on

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
Contact the Humane society about it with proof of what they’re doing via email.
okay, we will contact them in april to see if they’ll send us any images of pictures (just in case it is a scam) and then, once i collect some more evidence, then i will contact the humane society

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
UPDATE: i did some more investigation on the pictures and found some things...

this picture seems like the bottom budgies have leftover poo on their vents (an indication of sickness). the 2 budgies on top: one looks pregnant and the other seems to have an enlarged crop (possibly a goiter?). 48B9110F-9258-4285-AEA0-112B30D6DDE3.jpeg

the water dishes look really grimy (especially the one with the toucan). Also the newspaper and the name of the person who sent the email makes me believe that it isn’t a US based place (even though they only ship in the US)?
2DDBCAC4-9D91-499D-9997-42E2DD796F4F.jpeg A7AA4456-B711-4763-8CF8-D2BF12BEE146.jpeg BF89524A-9AF6-4372-9239-5159F6611FD3.jpeg

this poor toucan can’t stand up all the way :(
44F0B618-414D-4740-8F37-C15EFC858770.jpeg

are these cockatiels babies or are their tails clipped?
0E5024D5-7B99-4391-86EE-F0D5F545EF78.jpeg

Let me know if any of my guesses are wrong and let me know your opinions of these pics

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
There are plenty of places that say they sell birds but are just scam, It's definitely sketchy. Even if they do sell birds, that's really bad. If they aren't going to have any birds until April then they can't be doing any harm, unless that's a lie. I say call them in April and figure this out, but maybe someone should be informed about this sooner...

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
There are plenty of places that say they sell birds but are just scam, It's definitely sketchy. Even if they do sell birds, that's really bad. If they aren't going to have any birds until April then they can't be doing any harm, unless that's a lie. I say call them in April and figure this out, but maybe someone should be informed about this sooner...
Okay, i will email the humane society sometime this week. should i say that the place may or may not be real? i feel like i shouldn’t because they may not take it as seriously

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Anyone posting in this thread ever been to a bird show or bird sale??

I tend to think (going solely on the pictures with table cloths on the tables and the type of cages and cage set ups used) that those bird cages are at a show or sale which is obviously not how most birds are housed at home.

I think it’s quite harsh to judge so much based solely off these few pictures which are not showing the best standards of care (no toys or natural perches, cramped conditions in a few cages etc) but it also doesn’t look anything like it’s where the birds actually live. Their water dishes are much cleaner than most pet stores (even many peoples homes!) I’ve seen, same with the cage bottoms. All food dishes look like they are clean and have fairly fresh food in them.

A picture is worth 1000 words...

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
Anyone posting in this thread ever been to a bird show or bird sale??

I tend to think (going solely on the pictures with table cloths on the tables and the type of cages and cage set ups used) that those bird cages are at a show or sale which is obviously not how most birds are housed at home.

I think it’s quite harsh to judge so much based solely off these few pictures which are not showing the best standards of care (no toys or natural perches, cramped conditions in a few cages etc) but it also doesn’t look anything like it’s where the birds actually live. Their water dishes are much cleaner than most pet stores (even many peoples homes!) I’ve seen, same with the cage bottoms. All food dishes look like they are clean and have fairly fresh food in them.

A picture is worth 1000 words...
yes it does say that these pictures are from bird shows (mentioned earlier in this thread). i definitely agree that it could not be as bad as this. which is why we’re trying to get some pictures of current birds in their home. they told us that there “aren’t any birds” and won’t be until april so we are going to check back in then. it really could go a couple different ways; they are a scam and it was all for nothing.. they are actually taking adequate care of these birds and that was just the show... or this is just a small bite of the scale of what they’re actually doing to their birds. there’s really no definitive way to tell right now.

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
I sent a message to the humane society so now i’m just waiting for an update hopefully