• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clicker Training For Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmoore

Strolling the yard
Real Name
cmoore
I think a new thread for each lesson is a great idea. Then the lessons will be easy to find, and people can read the comments and clarifications on that particular lesson. You could number the thread titles to make things easier.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I am going to create a new thread for each lesson. Lesson one will stay here AND be added to a new thread. Now each lesson can be posted and people can post their questions and feedback on each particular thread.

Last edited:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
This is so great. It was suggested that my clicker lessons go into a special sub-forum of the training court. All of the clicker lessons will go in here and will be organized so that they can be easily located. Each lesson will be a sticky. You will still be able to comment, get feedback and ask questions, it's just that each lesson will be made into a sticky.

I am so excited that there are a lot of people interested in this. It is a really good way for people to learn and get feedback.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Thank you for agreeing to do this!!

I am looking forward to this Vicki - you are a great teacher - this is going to be fun!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes. Thanks a ton Vicky!!:hug8:

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I'm not having very good luck finding a good reward for Risa yet. Remember, she is a recently weaned baby. Tonight I put a plate in her cage with all different kinds of treats...pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dried mango, dried coconut, an avicake, a nutriberry, dried banana...I'm not sure what else...but she went and got some of her pellets and didn't even try one thing on the plate. I know that's not unusual when introducing new foods, but is that going to be a problem with clicker training? Should I hold off on the training until she's more used to different foods and toys? Thanks.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I'm not having very good luck finding a good reward for Risa yet. Remember, she is a recently weaned baby. Tonight I put a plate in her cage with all different kinds of treats...pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dried mango, dried coconut, an avicake, a nutriberry, dried banana...I'm not sure what else...but she went and got some of her pellets and didn't even try one thing on the plate. I know that's not unusual when introducing new foods, but is that going to be a problem with clicker training? Should I hold off on the training until she's more used to different foods and toys? Thanks.
Yes, you definitely need to be able to use food rewards. Have you tried to offer them in different ways like individually or from your hand? What species is she again?

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
Yes I love the idea of a new thread for each. I got my cliskers huray.

Willow

Sprinting down the street
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amy
I love this. Looks like I will have a new winter project. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow. Where have I been, I never saw this until today.:o: I would like to join in and try again. I tried it a little, but did not get very far. Where do we start, up above in the stickied lessons?

Status
Not open for further replies.